Many young Australians don’t get the opportunity to meet and connect with industry role models. This can be even harder to do for young people in rural, regional and remote areas of Australia.
MyRoad helps to address this problem. MyRoad gives young people the opportunity to engage with volunteer mentors from many different jobs and industries. This helps them better understand career paths available to them and the changing world of work.
MyRoad sessions are great for schools because they are:
- Run for only 2 hours
- Happen online
- Align to the national curriculum
For volunteer mentors, MyRoad gives a great volunteer opportunity because:
- It involves a short time commitment – 2 hour mentor session plus some online training
- It can be done from your home or workplace
- You can have any type of work experience or industry background to get involved
- You only need a Working with Children Check to get involved