Initial half day face to face training will be offered in each state for volunteers wishing to undertake the professional development opportunity to co-facilitate a program in 2016.
Training dates will be advised early in 2016.
For further information on this opportunity please contact us.
National Co-Facilitation Training Dates
To be confirmed.
Please register your interest now.
We are looking for dynamic, engaging and passionate representatives from Corporate Australia to volunteer as support facilitators to Beacon’s professional staff.
This unique opportunity for corporate Australia to engage at a high level as secondary facilitators will directly impact thousands of young people across the country. It also provides corporate facilitators with professional development experience while gaining a stronger understanding at the coal face of our educational system and the challenges our young people face from disadvantaged communities across Australia.
- Initial face to face induction and training.
- Ongoing training and development through the eBeacon online platform.
- Access to Beacon online resources to support you in your role.
- Annual recognition of volunteering.
Our training team understand that facilitating to young people is often a new and challenging experience for our corporate volunteers. We have developed a robust training package to support both initial and ongoing training, designed to ensure that volunteers feel equipped to co-faciliate with confidence.
Face to face training delivered by our internal lead facilitation team in each state will provide practical training that builds and recognises each individuals skills.
Training objectives focus on equipping volunteers with:
- A fundamental understanding of the Beacon Foundation and our work.
- An understanding of the young people that we work with and the unique challenges that they may face.
- An understanding of the communities in which we work.
- Skills required to feel confident and facilitate effectively.
- A fundamental understanding of the content.
In addition to the initial face to face training, Beacon will provide all corporate volunteers will access to:
- Ongoing support from each state based lead facilitation.
- Ongoing access to eLearning resources.
- Access to participant feedback from each program to enable ongoing personal and professional development.